By Chef Vishal
Bread baking is one of the most satisfying cooking experiences for me. I consume bread regularly during training and baking my own helps me control the quality of the bread. And for me, there’s nothing like the satisfaction I get from giving the "Gift of Bread."
- 2 cups bread Flour
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1-1.5 cup warm water
- 1.5 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. fresh black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 package active, dry yeast
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, yeast and ½ of warm water. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add olive oil, and seasonings.
- Stir gently, and slow add more flour and water.
- Transfer dough onto a floured surface.
- Knead dough by hand for 10 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with damp cloth for first rising. Let it rise for one hour or until doubled in size.
- Peel back cloth, remove dough and place on to counter. Knead for five minutes.
- Divide dough into four equal portion and shape into a ball.
- Transfer each individual ball of dough into a bowl, cover with damp cloth and let the dough rise for second rising, an additional hour.
- In the meantime, pre-heat oven to 425 F.
- After second rising, remove dough from bowls, place each dough on a square sheet of parchment paper, and placed directly on a baking stone or pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Let the bread cool for 10-15 minutes, then slice and enjoy!
POSTED IN chef vishal
no comments yet
Be the first to comment below.